Welcome, our today’s article in which we will talk about the OBC non-creamy layer and the OBC creamy layer as well as OBC non creamy layer income limit. As we all know, India is such a big country in which the people being known for the different religions which were segregated by their castes. In India, the caste system was very prevalent from the pre-Colonial time period.
- 1 OBC NON-Creamy Layer Income Limit 2021 Eligibility
- 2 OBC and its full form
- 3 All about the OBC non-creamy
- 4 Eligibility criteria for non-creamy OBC layer category
- 5 Scanner Quest people come under
- 6 OBC creamy layer
- 7 Non-Eligible Candidate for OBC certificate
- 8 The process to apply for the OBC Certificate
- 9 Offline Method to apply for OBC Certificate
- 10 The online process to apply for OBC certificate
- 11 Required documents for OBC certificate
- 12 Programs and schemes for OBC
- 13 What are the documents required for OBC certificate?
- 14 How to apply online for an OBC certificate?
- 15 What is the Offline Method to apply for OBC Certificate?
- 16 List of Non-Eligible Candidate for OBC certificate
OBC NON-Creamy Layer Income Limit 2021 Eligibility
Because of the caste system, the Government of India has divided the Other background class into two different categories like one is OBC non-creamy layer and the other one is OBC creamy layer category.
In today’s article, we will discuss briefly the differences between both the OBC non-creamy layer as well as OBC creamy layer. Also with this, we’ll discuss the applying process for the OBC certificate as well as eligibility criteria for OBC non-creamy layer for the income limit. Here, you will get the list of all required documents to apply for the caste certificate by both online as well as offline mode.
OBC and its full form
OBC is also known as other backward classes and the term OBC is used by the government of India to classify or identify the casts which are socially as well as educational disadvantaged and deprived. The other backward caste is the official distribution which was done by Indian authorities. Along with this, these authorities will also distribute other castes such as scheduled caste (SC) and Scheduled tribe (ST).
As we all know that the scheduled tribe, as well as the scheduled class both caste, will avail the advantages presented to them by Indian authorities. So, here the OBC category has a further division as OBC creamy layer and non-creamy layer by the government of India. So, they can also avail of the benefits which were provided by the government authorities.
All about the OBC non-creamy
OBC non-creamy layer category: In this category, if in any family their total income is less than 8 lakh per annum limit then this kind of family includes to OBC non-creamy category. The people who belong to poor families will get the certificate of OBC non-creamy layer. Those who belong to the non-creamy layer category of OBC can avail of all the benefits provided to them by the government. Such as they will get the relaxation of age in any competitive exam in India. Along with this, they also enjoy the reservation while applying for any government post and recruitment.
To enjoy all the benefits first you must have to obtain a certificate that is known as an OBC certificate. The OBC certificate is legal and valid all over India except in the state of Tamil Nadu. This certificate will be renewed every 1 year and it starts from the first day of receiving it.
Eligibility criteria for non-creamy OBC layer category
The people who are applying for an OBC certificate must belong to the non-creamy layer of the OBC category. For this, the government will set some parameters to categorize people if they come into the category of OBC non-creamy layer or not.
Scanner Quest people come under
- The income limit for OBC non-creamy layer: Those who wish to apply for an OBC certificate can only apply only on one condition. If their annual income of his family and him or her are not more than 8 lakh per annum if it was more than the set limit. Then, that person will not comes under the non-creamy category. (In income from farming in agriculture is not included in this)
- Parents employed under the central government: If a person wishes to apply for the certificate and his or her parents are part of any government job like maybe they work under Group D and C category then the person is eligible to apply for a non-creamy OBC certificate.
- Employed under central government: if the applicant himself or herself working under the central government group B category then they are also eligible to apply for this certificate. But it is valid only if the person Guardians will not obtaining any kind of income like a pension from the central authorities.
- Husband employed under central government: Those women are also eligible to apply for the certificate whose husband will work under the central government.
OBC creamy layer
OBC creamy layer is the other backward class of the OBC category. In this category, those people will include those who belong to rich families. Under the OBC creamy layer category, those are rich. They are wealthier than, the other OBC categories. Also, they are educated and their income per annum is more than 8 lakhs per annum. They will be treated as General category people. They will not get any benefit from this OBC certificate and they cannot apply for this certificate.
Non-Eligible Candidate for OBC certificate
- Those come under MBC and BC cast.
- Those candidates cannot apply whose parents work under group A services like IAS and IPS.
- Those cannot apply for this certificate whose parents also working under group B and C categories as well as the group 1 category jobs of the state government and Central Government.
- Whose parent’s income is more than eight lakhs they are also not eligible to apply for this certificate.
The process to apply for the OBC Certificate
In the process to apply for an OBC certificate the candidate can fill the application form by the offline as well as online process. First, we will discuss the offline process to get an OBC certificate.
Offline Method to apply for OBC Certificate
The applicant can apply offline by following these steps which were shown below:
- To get the OBC caste certificate by the offline mode you have to visit your nearby places like Tehsil Office, SDM office, Setu / CSC centers, or the revenue office any one of them.
- There you will get an application form for the caste certificate you have to fill all the information which were asked in the application form.
- In this form, you have to fill all your personal details like name, parents name, caste, age, income, contact, pieces of information address, and so on.
- In your application form caste section will be filled by the aspirant in which he or she has to fill all the caste details of his and her father. In case, if his or her father is no more then the aspirant should have to fill the caste details with the documents of any one of their blood relatives.
- While applying for this, you have to tick mark on the caste option for the caste certificate.
- If the aspirant is migrated from one state to another then, they have to specified application form in India.
- In the application form, you have to signed and fill it with the self-declaration part also.
- In the application form, you have to paste your passport size photograph as well as submit the local address and references for further information or verification process.
- The aspirant has to submit the self-attested documents with the application form in the any of government offices. After submitting the application form you will get your caste certificate within the 32 to 50 days.
The online process to apply for OBC certificate
Here, only a few states in India which offer the online registration process for this certificate.
- To apply for the caste certificate, you have to first visit the official site of state backward classes welfare.
- Here on the homepage, you will get the link which is shown on your computer screen “apply for caste certificate online” Click the link.
- After that, you have to create an account in this welfare portal or maybe you can start to apply and fill the application form for this certificate within this site.
- When you have seen the application form on this site. Fill all the details, such as contact details, personal details like name, parents name, caste, and address along with the other required details.
- You have to ensure that all your filled details must be correct. Because the verification of your details has been done as for you provided in the application.
- Just have a look at your complete details which were filled in the application form then submit the all required documents.
- Once you submit your application form, then you will get the slip of acknowledgment in addition to the application number.
- The applicant can save the slip offline or they can take the print out of this slip. This slip is required to check your application status.
- After having the verification, the aspirant can download their caste certificate online.
Required documents for OBC certificate
- A community certificate
- School leaving certificate or transfer letter
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- The upper-class people created the hierarchy to maintain the differences between lower-class people and upper-class people.
- The lower caste persons have to suffer a lot while keeping in mind that all the suffering of lower caste people who suffered the Mandal Commission has tried to empower them by providing them an OBC certificate.
- In 1979 Bindeshwari Prasad Mandal was headed the second backward class Commission by the government of Morari Ji Desai. He is directing the commission to “identify the educationally and socially backward classes” in India.
- This Commission proposed to the government that 27% of the reservation will be provided to OBC caste which resulted in that almost 49 person job opportunities will be reserved in public Universities and services for the OBC aspirants.
Programs and schemes for OBC
- There are various scholarship schemes as well as the Welfare programs for OBC aspirant has been running by the central government in India. Just have a look at them:
- For the OBC student for studies the pre-Matric Scholarship program and post-matric scholarship program
- Along with the national fellowship for OBC aspirants as well as the assistant for skills development of the OBC category.
- Dr. Ambedkar scheme of interest subsidy on educational Road for Overseas studies of OBC students.
- By using the OBC non-creamy layer certificate, the aspirant can enjoy all the benefits of the aforementioned schemes which were run by the central government in India.
What are the documents required for OBC certificate?
A community certificate
School leaving certificate or transfer letter
How to apply online for an OBC certificate?
To apply for the caste certificate, you have to first visit the official site of state backward classes welfare.
Here on the homepage, you will get the link which is shown on your computer screen “apply for caste certificate online” Click the link.
After that, you have to create an account in this welfare portal or maybe you can start to apply and fill the application form for this certificate within this site.
What is the Offline Method to apply for OBC Certificate?
To get the OBC caste certificate by the offline mode you have to visit your nearby places like Tehsil Office, SDM office, Setu / CSC centers, or the revenue office any one of them.
List of Non-Eligible Candidate for OBC certificate
Those come under MBC and BC cast.
Those candidates cannot apply whose parents work under group A services like IAS and IPS.
Those cannot apply for this certificate whose parents also working under group B and C categories as well as the group 1 category jobs of the state government and Central Government.
Whose parent’s income is more than eight lakhs they are also not eligible to apply for this certificate.